Our final Advent Sunday cocktail from 2014 – a sazerac with mince pie cognac and sweet sherryTo make it:
- Fill an old fashioned glass with crushed ice, add 10ml absinthe and stir. Set aside.
- Crush a sugar cube with four dashes of Peychaud’s bitters in a mixing glass until dissolved.
- Add 50ml mince pie cognac, 15ml sweet sherry and cubed ice and stir for thirty seconds.
- Discard the ice and absinthe from the old fashioned glass and strain the finished drink into the glass.
- Finish with a spritz of absinthe.